Entering Into Rest || Rest on Every Side || The 68th National Convention of the Foursquare Gospel Church Convention || Day 4 (Evening Session) ||Ajebo-Nigeria || Apostle Joshua Selman
Psalm 34:19 KJV, John 16:33 KJV, 1 John 5:19 KJV
People who went through trouble in the Bible:
- Abraham. Genesis 15:1-3 KJV
- Nation of Israel in Egypt. Exodus 3:7-9 KJV
- Famine in Samaria. 2 Kings 6:25-31 KJV
- Naomi, Ruth, and Orpah. Ruth 1:1-6 KJV
- Naaman. 2 Kings 5:1 KJV,
- Jairus’ daughter and The woman with the issue of blood. Luke 8:41-45 KJV
2 Corinthians 4:8 KJV
The clearest example, of the individual that personified this scripture (2 Corinthians 4:8 KJV) is the man Job. Job 1:13-22 KJV, Job 2:7-9 KJV
After Job lost everything all he had was:
- His Wife
- His relationship with God
- His Health (which was later struck by the enemy and he was left for dead)
After Job’s health was struck all he had was:
- His Wife
- His relationship with God
Job 42:10 KJV, Psalm 126:1 KJV
Why do believers go through tragedies, calamities, and unfavorable Seasons according to scripture
- Lack of Discernment. Acts 12:1-17 KJV
- Carelessness. Hebrews 2:3 KJV, Judges 11:30-35 KJV
- Ignorance of the laws of the kingdom and Ignorance of the laws of life and destiny. Proverbs 13:15 KJV
There is an exact formula for living profitably on earth.
- Abuse and Misuse. 1 Samuel 12-17 KJV, 1 Samuel 4 KJV
Abuse of opportunities and Misuse of Opportunities
Dishonor will always close any door.
Abuse (Abnormal Use)
- Demonic Attacks. John 10:10 KJV, 1 Peter 5:8 KJV
What does it mean to have rest?
- To have rest means to have security. Any and all kinds of security.
- To have rest means to have Freedom from freedom unto. Rest in one word is peace.
In all your getting, get peace
Can a believer in Christ experience Rest round-about?
Yes. Genesis 24:1 KJV
Psalm 82:5-7 KJV, Hosea 4:6 KJV
What are the Keys to entering Rest? A key stands for access
- The decision to be spiritually minded.
This is a non-negotiable key for anyone who desires to walk in the experience of rest roundabout. Romans 8:6 KJV
- True spirituality starts when you have an encounter with Jesus. Matthew 11:28 KJV. Luke 15:17-21 KJV, John 14:16 KJV, Proverbs 18:10 KJV. Having Love and having a passion for Jesus. Proverbs 3:5-7 KJV, Psalm 34:5 KJV
- Your Prayer Altar must be on Fire. Acts 2:42 KJV, Acts 6:4 KJV, Luke 18:1 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV, James 5:13 KJV, Mark 11:24 KJV.
A generation that does not pray will be a weak generation that will never see the power of God.
Prayer with understanding can change things.
Prayer is an instrument for end-time survival. Matthew 26:41 KJV, Psalm 66:3 KJV.
In addition to prayer, you must be sound in scripture. Acts 20:32 KJV, John 1:3 KJV
God only does what he says, not what you want. Genesis 21:1 KJV, Genesis 1:3 KJV, Isaiah 60:1 KJV, Isaiah 60:1 AMP.
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23 KJV.
You buy the truth through:
- You must Live by Faith. Habbakuk 2:4 KJV, Hebrews 10:38 KJV, 1 John 5:4 KJV.
In one word, Faith is obedience.
- Faith is the confidence and depth of conviction you have about God and the integrity of his word
- Faith is a name given to the action of obedience you take as proof that you believe.
Every time you open the Bible, you are relating with 3 realms:
- Promises (A definition of God’s commitment to you scattered from Genesis to Revelations)
- Principles (The Modus Operandi of the kingdom teaches you how to live a victorious life)
- Prophecies (That gives perspectives and definition to the events present and the events past and events that are yet to happen)
Until you know the demands to commit God and then obey them you are not walking by faith. Until you know the demands to commit to every result then you are walking by faith.
Deuteronomy 28:1-3 KJV, John 2:1-11 KJV
Matthew 4:4 KJV
To live by faith means to Live by the word of God.