The Mercy of God || Foundations of Sapphires || The Mercy of God by Apostle Joshua Selman
Deuteronomy 4:31 KJV
Liberty is connected to knowledge. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
There are 4 layers of thoughts when it comes to receiving the Mercy of God
- The Nature and the Character of God
- The Nature and the Character of Man
- The Spiritual System of Administering Mercy
- The Blessings and Benefits of Mercy
The Nature of God
4 Ways to Know and Learn God
- Through The Scripture
- Through His Names
- By Studying the Man of Jesus (Hebrews 1:3 KJV)
- Through Experience
3 Things Scripture Says about God
- The Bible shows us that God is Love (1 John 4:8 KJV, Psalm 145:8-9 KJV, Exodus 34:5-6 KJV
- God is gracious and compassionate
- God is slow to anger and he is of great mercy and his mercy is over all his works, there are no biases
The Nature and The Character of Man
What The Bible says about men.
- Psalm 51:1-5 KJV. Sin in one word is disobedience. The Man was born with sin.
- Jeremiah 17:9 – 10 KJV. A man can be deceived by his own heart. Genesis 6:1-5 KJV.
What then is the Mercy of God?
Any action that is taken that is motivated by compassion is called Mercy. Mercy is motivated by compassion.
The foundation or the basis for mercy is compassion.
Compassion is sympathy, pity, and concern for the suffering or the misfortunes of others.
Mercy is the fruit of compassion.
3 Definitions of Mercy
- Compassionate treatment of those in distress.
- To show care and to provide relief
- To refrain from harming or punishing an offender
Mercy has 2 dimension
- Forgiveness or withholding punishment
- Alleviating pain and providing relief from suffering
How does God administer Mercy?
There are laws that govern the administration of mercy
Mercy is God’s system of advantage that guarantees that we become full expressions of his expectations regardless of our humanity.
What does it take to experience God’s Mercy?
There is a condition God must find in a man otherwise mercy cannot reach you. Psalm 51:17 KJV
The one condition God must find in man and with man is to be able to reach down to you with his mercy is brokenness.
What is Brokenness?
Brokenness is a realization and brokenness is an admittance/acknowledgment of your limitations and your inadequacies outside of the assistance and the help of God. Psalm 34:18 KJV
Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV
When you are in the flight of mercy, the result will be clear.
Luke 15: 11 -22 KJV
The more dependent you are the more mature you are.
Daniel 4:34-37 KJV
How to know you have Mercy?
- The Blessing of Healing
- The Blessing of Provision Matthew 14:14 – 21 KJV