Points to Note For The Body of Christ:
1. Jesus came to give us life and life more abundantly. (John 10:10)
2. The reality of The Believer’s victorious life is activated through knowledge. (John 17:3, Ephesians 4:18)
In essence, our new life in Christ is knowledge dependent.
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”
Hosea 4:6 (KJV)
3. Knowledge or revelation in God’s Kingdom is dimensional, which means it comes in parts. (1 Corinthians 13:9, Isaiah 28:10, John 16:12)
Every dimension is determined by our individual calling and responsibilities as Believers.
4. No single individual is given the whole counsel of God. (Romans 12:3-8, Luke 22:19-20)
There are diversities in the body of Christ. No single person embodies the entirety of God’s counsel.
No believer (no matter how well-intentioned) can grow accurately, if they are isolated from other dimensions, within the body of Christ.
Acts 18:24-28 (KJV)
24. And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
25. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
26. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
27. And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:
28. For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.
5. There are consequences for ignoring the whole counsel of God. (1 Corinthians 11:27-30)
The repercussions of neglecting the various dimensions of God that He has deposited in the Body of Christ have contributed to some of the limitations Believers have encountered in various spheres of life.
God equips Believers with the necessary knowledge and skills for their calling and assignment.
As a result, there is a tendency to mentor people from a point of limitation, having only learnt the skill set that is specific to a calling and assignment.
Because they lack the requisite skill set, these mentees have deficiencies in their lives that will become apparent over time.
Many have allowed the multifaceted dimensions of God, distributed throughout The Body of Christ for our development and growth to be hindered by their ego, insecurity and fear.
Feeling weak and incapacitated to admit that you do not know it all, in order to acquire or outsource intelligence in your area of deficiency, is one of the deficiencies in The Body of Christ.
As Christians, we must understand that:
1. We cannot capture every dimension of God as individuals.
2. We must have a healthy respect for the dimensions available in The Body of Christ, that are required, but not present in our lives.
Many people are resistant to the various dimensions of the Body of Christ due to two legitimate types of fears:
1. The fear of being corrupted by certain corrupt practices in the Body of Christ.
2. Fear as a result of believing that if you open up to receiving certain dimensions of God, you may lose your relationship with God.
Do not allow the limitations of men to prevent you from receiving genuine graces resident in The Body of Christ.
There is no perfect man; look past their flaws and be receptive to the genuine graces they carry. John 1:1
The secret to receiving from The Body of Christ is captured in:
1. Judges 14:12-14: In earthen vessels, God hides treasures. Out of what is rotting and out of a carcass, honey can still be found.
2. Revelation 1:10-13: Beyond the sentiments and limitations present in the church, if you look with an open heart, Christ can be found there.
Our assignment as Believers is not to know everything, but to be faithful in dispensing the dimension of God resident in our lives, while respectfully acknowledging and receiving other needed dimensions, resident in The Body of Christ.
Strive for knowledge while remaining humble enough to recognize that what you know, is not all there is.
Do not let your ego prevent you from rising to higher levels in the Kingdom, thereby depriving others of the needed dimensions made available in Christ.
Do not downplay the contribution of other Believers in The Body of Christ.
Respect every genuine man of God even if he isn’t your man of God. The presence of certain reservations should not be to the detriment of others, in The Body of Christ.
As a Minister, do not be ashamed to edit your knowledge and sift what is profitable from what isn’t, so that the people being raised, become better versions of you.
Regardless of the imperfections in The Body of Christ, Christ is still in the midst of her.
Revelation 21:9-16 (KJV)
9. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
10. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God
11. Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12. And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel
13. On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
In Revelation 21:9-16, a Biblical Portrait of The Lamb’s Bride depicts balance and perfection.
The joining of the various dimensions is what creates balance and makes for a perfect Bride.
When seeking growth in certain areas, God can direct you to other carriers of the needed graces in The Body of Christ, to supplement your area of limitation.
It is imperative to be humble enough to learn from the mistakes of other Believers who have gone before us, in order to avoid making the same mistakes.
Never allow your abundance of revelation or anointing cause you to be proud and disrespectful to other believers and Fathers of faith.
If there’s nothing to learn from a speaker, because of how spiritually mature and well-fed you are, learn brotherly kindness
Pray for the body of Christ; mention the names of Men of God and their denominations and ask the Lord for mercy.
Pray for God to help them and that the dimension of God committed to them will bless the body of Christ.
Pray Every genuine dimension that is invested in The Body of Christ, that can make for my efficiency and is not yet at work in my life, in the Name of Jesus, I receive it!
“And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
John 1:5 (KJV)
It is not the absence of darkness that will bring light, but the illumination of light, even in the midst of darkness.
Pray: Lord, I receive the grace to play my role and execute the assignments of the dimensions, invested in my life.