WELCOME TO NGMP3.COM
15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married
MFM founder Dr. Daniel Olukoya shared a message some days ago on the 15 reasons why not to get married.
- You must not get married because of lust. (Marriage is a relationship, and it is not just something out of lust). 1 John 2:16
- Infatuation: Love at first sight or sudden love. All those kind of sudden love always ends in disaster.
- Liking the idea of marriage.
- The fear of remaining unmarried (my friends are all married, my sisters are all married e.t.c)
- Pressure (parents, friends, etc)
- Because you want to escape being jilted (if he is the right man/woman, he or she won’t jilt you)
- Getting married for money (money doesn’t guarantee a successful marriage at all)
- Using marriage as an escape route (I am tired of daddy and mummy)
- Having Pity (Feeling sorry for a man or a woman)
- Foolish expectation (Marrying an unbeliever and expecting them to change in the course of marriage! especially if they don’t change before marrying them)
- Marrying for beauty or handsomeness
- Accidential pregancy (Just because you became pregnant along the line does not men you have to bury your destiny there)
- Tribal connection (I must marry someone from my town)
- To satisfy your parents
- Marrying to hurt your parent.